WHAT IS SEVA FITNESS?
Seva Core Values
- Make Yourself Better, Make The World Better: You can only help others to the degree that your own health ultimately allows. Taking care of yourself is a moral virtue because it radiates outward into others in a local-to-global progression. Working from the center out is the most efficient and sustainable model in almost every scenario.
- Everyone Is An Experiment of One: Individuals have completely unique histories, needs and desires. There is never an absolute one-size-fits-all model. Stronger isn’t better, faster isn’t better, bigger isn’t better… Only better is better.
- It’s Not Our Fault, But It Is Our Responsibility: We have all been dealt a hand that includes cards we didn’t know we had, but once we become aware of them we should feel compelled to play the best hand we can. We show gratitude towards life by working on the things that can make us more whole.
- Strengthen The Foundation: Growth and deterioration both originate from the foundation. Assess, honor and strengthen your base. This is a process of perpetual maintenance and reevaluation.
- Seek Flow: Change is the only constant there is. It is far more advantageous to embrace this underlying reality and practice conscientiously adapting to it. Removing restrictive forces and developing driving forces is the optimal way to engineer health and wellbeing.
- Challenge Yourself, Love Yourself: Growth only happens in appropriate dosages of stress. Too much is the same thing as too little. Discomfort is productive. Pain is your body’s way of telling you something is wrong. Exercise is supposed to make qyou stronger not weaker. Seek positive adaptations.
- Marathon Mentality: Life is a marathon not a sprint, and death is the true finish line. Honor the process of single-step unfoldment, as well as the patience and focus required to endure the journey. Master your practice.
- Always Wear The White Belt: We should be lifelong students even as we become teachers. Life has an unlimited number of experiences that can enrich us and even flip our worldview upside down in an instant.
- Whoever Recovers First Wins: Toughness is the natural byproduct of resilience. Resilience (and therefore toughness) is cultivated much more expediently with an active recovery model. Growth happens during the recovery cycle.
- I Am Because We are: We stand on each other’s shoulders. We are resources to the tribe not competition. All of us have knowledge and gifts to contribute even if they haven’t been identified. We keep our sights on rising the tide in order to bring all ships up.
This kind of training changes and transforms lives. At Seva you will not just be working out, you will be sharpening your sword. You will be practicing the art and science of being a better functioning human machine all while doing so in a safe and supportive environment.
Fitness for everyBODY:
If you’ve been frustrated with fitness before, or you have never felt right in a gym, then consider Seva Fitness Academy.
Some people are graciously born with natural athleticism. For the other 80% of us, exercise can be extremely challenging and sometimes dangerous because we do not know how to use our bodies as effectively as we could. Like any other endeavor, fitness and wellness consists of principles and tools that can make us more coordinated and efficient. And it can be learned!
What does “Seva” mean?
Seva is an ancient word for service. The idea behind Seva Fitness is to pursue health not only as a service to ourselves, but as a service to everyone else. The more fit and capable you are, the more you will provide for your loved ones and your community. Essentially, when we make ourselves better, we make the world a little better. Seva is a way to do our part.